Jun 22, 2013

Life in the Teton Valley...


                              

A lot has changed since my last post...including moving our family, away from everything we have ever known, to the country... Driggs, Idaho in the beautiful Teton Valley to be exact;)

But before I go any further, here is what we have been up to the last few months...
Hannah graduated from Preschool:)


I love this girl. She is bright, happy, caring, loving, sensitive, thoughtful, courageous, adorable, helpful, kind, tender-hearted, energetic, hilarious, and sweet. She is darling and I just absolutely adore her!

                  

And then we had some goodbye parties and BBQ's with friends and family. This was the last picture we took in our backyard. I am going to miss that sweet, little house. It was a beautiful day. *sigh*

                 

And then we packed up our stuff...and headed up north. It was bittersweet, but we feel happy about this leap we have taken.

                                 

It's been kind of a long process, but now that we are here and finally settled, we can explore:)
This is a hike we took up Teton Canyon...it was absolutely breathtaking! And the trails were perfect, and easy for the kids!

                                 

                                  

                                  

Jackson Hole, Wyoming...very fun little tourist stop. 

                              

This is the view from the Jackson Airport...is that gorgeous or what?!

                             

Who doesn't love the antler arches?!


But mostly we have been doing this...
Riding Bikes
Walks

                                    

Crafts...I'm bringing back the fabric covered button earrings;)

                   

And I fancied up my burlap wreath using the funky flower tutorial here


Sewing lessons...I start my little ones early;)

                   

And yes, I am wearing a denim shirt in almost every picture of me in this post...I am obsessed!!!!!
I bought a million from Old Navy here, here and here...and I want to go back for more. It's a disease.

On to more cute pictures...


Art with Sculpey clay


Nature study and notebooking


Cursive... she is practicing on every piece of paper that crosses her path.
                                             

Baking lessons

               

We are finishing up our first year of homeschooling, and I think it went well. We did have to make some adjustments and curriculum changes, but I think we have ironed out all the wrinkles and next year should flow smoothly. We will still keep busy, over the summer, with some of these fun activities plus a little reading and writing.

And since moving my kids have only had each other to play with...I have to admit, I love it! This is what spurred this move...more family time, less distractions.

                               

This is our lot...20 beautiful acres...I will keep you posted on this;)

                               

Oh, and some other BIG news around here...This one is walking! We are over-joyed, ecstatic, thrilled! She is so sweet! We love watching her totter around, and she is feels so big!

                

Well, until my next post, here is our SUMMER LIST 2013:

-Utah Trip
-BBQ
-Oregon Coast Trip
-Washington Trip
-Nature Scavenger Hunt
-Go Camping
-Swimming
-Bike Rides
-Sidewalk Chalk
-Bubbles
-Sno Cones
-Eat Ice Cream
-Farmers Market
-Picnic in the Park
-Stadium of Fire
-Salmon Bake
-Stargaze
-Roast Marshmallows
-Make Peach Lemonade
-Read
-Tye-Dye
-Yellowstone Trip
-Hike
-Ride Horses
-Go Fishing
-Paint Rocks
-Drive-in Movie

What will you be up to this summer!?!?

Well... if you take a trip out this way or see these beautiful mountains, think of us!!

                        


Happy Summer 2013 XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Hi Suzy! I found you through Pinterest. :) We seem to like so many of the same things, so I had to check out your blog. Such a sweet family you have! Among the many things we seem to have in common, I also homeschool. :) Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy!!! It's so nice to meet you! Thanks for taking a minute to say 'hello'! I love making new friends:) Hope you are having a great summer!

      Delete